Sunday 12 January 2014

Not a great start.....small steps

Nickel got his shoes back on last Monday and I was desperate to get on him straight away. The lack of light was stopping us a little but worse still was how fresh he had got from being stabled due to the flooded fields. I got back on in the semi dark on Tuesday, a swifty round the block, this was not pleasant but not too scary. He did canter up the road, shaking his head and snatching the reins at a point where we usually trot and then was very strong on the way back. Needless to say I was not looking forward to the next day.
Wednesday was even worse, I went in the school and this just seemed to rev him up even more. He squealed and I got off, walked him round for a bit then got back on had a trot, he bolted, leapt and squealed. I was so upset, but its not his fault, he is just really fresh poor boy.
So discretion being the better part of valour, I gave up riding until I could get a buddy to go with and go for a decent ride, he also was finally allowed to be turned out and this helped immensely. I had the most lovely ride out today with the YM, not a foot was put out of place by either horse. Onwards to getting fit for Keysoe in just under a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment