Saturday 25 January 2014

Wet, wet, wet

Nickel has been an absolute star in the last week or so. The wild Nickel of a few weeks back is gone and now we are managing 4 times a week hacking out without draw reins. I am using the MapMyRun app to monitor the length and speed of our rides which is really useful. It's been a really useful tool and I was shocked to see how far our 'quick' rides are. Round the block is over a mile, the longer block is 3 miles. So we are covering some distance.

I have decided though to scratch our plan to go to Keysoe on February 9th, I am yet to start sitting up on foal watch and can't get the work needed into him. Also my friend who clips him has broken her collarbone so it's all a bit up in the air. Plus the weather is pants! I've ridden in lightening, thunder, hail, freezing rain and high winds. Thank God I've got my lovely hacking ponio back.

I am looking at the new BD schedules so we should be going out soon with that, plus have a jumping lesson with Phil Spivey soon to brush up on our showjumping which is a bit pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment